Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tony Dungy

Tony Dungy has officially retired as the Indianapolis Colts Head Coach after seven seasons. I have to admit that I'm a little sad. Peyton Manning is my number one reason for liking the Colts but Tony Dungy made it that much better to cheer for his team. He showed such strength and character not only on the sidelines or in the locker room but also in his own personal life. I have come to have a lot of respect for Dungy. He is not one of those coaches who throws a fit and starts cursing after a bad call or get in his players face. He shows respect for others and he has in turn gained the respect of his players, other coaches and the fans. Since I'm on my reading marathon right now, I should get his book Quiet Strength, I've been wanting to read that for a while too.

Best wishes to Tony Dungy and his family!! The Colts just won't be the same without him!

1 comment:

Lawrence said...

I know right... I dont have a team in the NFL to pull for anymore... haha... Ill miss Tony...