Wednesday, May 30, 2007

RT (R)

I passed my National Registry!! I had been waiting for 2 very long weeks and I checked the mail 5 times yesterday before I went to work and it had still not come yet. So I get to work and have an email from a classmate that has a list of like 6 people that had already heard back so I called my house to make sure the mail had not come yet, which it hadn't. So finally about 30 minutes later my Dad calls my work and says that he thinks my scores came back so of course I wanted him to open it right then!!! I passed all 5 sections with a total average score of 96!! I am soooo excited! I really thought I had done a lot worse than that. So I am officially a Registered Radiologic Technologist!!

Everything else is going well here. I've been cleaning out my room and throwing a ton of things away that I've kept for the last 21 years. Kyle and I went to Target and bought some big huge storage bins to pack all my stuff in until he moves to the new apartment. My room looks a whole lot cleaner now but I feel like it's too empty. I've lived in this house for most of my life and have so many memories here. I almost had a breakdown yesterday trying to throw stuff away. I love my family, my house, my dog and cat... all the stuff that I take for granted so much! It didn't help that my Dad just tore down the swing set I had lots of fun times on! I love Kyle very much and can't wait to marry him but it is still very sad. I just have to keep reminding myself that I will be right down the road and can come home anytime I want. And yes, it's still like 10 months away but I'm trying to get at least some of the stress and sadness out of the way now so I can focus on the wedding next March.

As for today, I AM SO HAPPY!! I'm taking my papers to work today and asking for a raise! ;) Have a wonderful day!!

Lindsey Simmons RT (R)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Yay! Congrats! You ARE so smart :)

As for the memories thing...I'm confident that you'll be more than ready in 10 months - especially if you're already mentaling preparing yourself.

Kristen said...

Congratulations and I hope you get that raise!

Leaving home was so tough for me. When I got married I had never lived anywhere but my parents house. I quickly found that my parents home was always going to be my home, now I just have two.