Wednesday, May 2, 2007

I'm done!

Well folks, I'm officially done with x-ray school. Today was my last day! It was bittersweet... it's been a very long, tiring and stressful 2 years, but it was also one of the best experiences of my life. It was definitely the hardest thing I've ever done before. I know most people think all x-ray techs do is push a button, but it's so much more than that. I have learned sooo much about radiation, myself and other people. I will treasure the friendship of 25 fellow students, instructors and hospital staff forever! Although I complained about the work, the stress and being tired all the time, I already miss it. I will miss waiting for my carpool buddy Lisa at Harris Teeter every morning and speeding to make it to class on time, hearing Candace complain about her love life, Mrs. Wood's sarcasm, Bob always getting to leave clinicals early, Andrea's excessive talking, Mrs. Beasley's hyperness, ECMC's free lunches, Erica's sweetness, Ashley's snoring, Liz's cool British accent, Chick-fil-A Wednesdays, and I could go on forever. We had a great class and were very close even from day one. I'm actually quite sad right now even though I'm pretty excited. This is a big accomplishment for me and I'm excited about starting CT/MRI school in a couple of months. Hopefully I will see everyone again sometime.

Enough sadness, it's summertime!!! I definitely needed a break. I'm going to be working a lot this summer and hopefully going on a few short trips here and there. And I'm super excited about getting some more wedding planning done!!!!!! I'll keep everybody updated though. I hope everyone has a wonderful week, good luck on exams for those still in school.
Here's some pics from the last 2 years of my life :)

Bob's Party, Summer 2006
Me, Candace and Fallon



Scholarship dinner, Fall 2006
Fallon, Lisa, Candace and Me


At the Mock Registry in Raleigh, Spring 2007
Me, Andrea and Matt

JMH Crew, Smithfield, NC
Spring 2007

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!