Sunday, June 3, 2007

Weekend

This weekend was very nice. Friday my Mom and both sisters went to David's Bridal to look at bridesmaid dresses. It was a very productive trip and we found a beautiful dress for the girls. Both sisters loved it so I felt pretty good about it since they are both very picky! And while I was browsing through the dresses I found a really pretty black formal gown that was marked down from $150 to $40. I tried it on and it fit perfectly!! So of course I got it since I will need at least two formal gowns for the cruise. I was really really excited that I had got such a good deal!

Then Saturday morning was the big 5K race. Kyle and I got there early so we could stretch and try to mentally prepare for the run. There was over 200 racers and 14 of us from our church so we got together and the guy leading up the group gave us a pep talk and got us all pumped up and ready. My Mom showed up right before we started so that was cool too. I was soooo nervous though because it had been so long since I competed in a race. The first mile was easy enough and I was right on pace with where I wanted to be. But then it started getting really hilly and a lot more challenging. My second mile was a little slower than I hoped but I was still ok with time. Just before I thought it was going to be over, we ran around the corner and there it was.... the last 1/4 mile was straight up hill. I thought I was going to die so I told Kyle to run on ahead of me and get a good time. So that boy sprinted up that dern hill and left me jogging very slowly and trying not to faint. Finally when I got to the top I was ok and then sprinted to the finish line. Kyle's time was 30:45 and my time was 31:30. Not too bad for a first time. I had estimated my time to be 32 minutes so I did pretty well with pacing myself but it still hurt like crap and my legs are killing me today! We are doing another race in the fall and I think my Dad is going to join us then so I'm pretty excited about that.

And my friend Crystin who is going to be one of my bridesmaids was in town this weekend so we took her to David's Bridal Saturday afternoon and she loved the dress too. So I was happy to get her approval. Now we are just waiting for Courtney to see it and hopefully like it too.

Kyle and I were supposed to have engagement pictures taken today at the beach but since it was raining, they were canceled. I was kinda bummed but it turned out ok because we had a very nice and relaxing day. We also got the majority of our wedding registries completed so it was still a productive day. I hope everyone else had a wonderful weekend!!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I am so impressed that you both did so well in the race. You guys rock!!