Thursday, June 28, 2007

CT/MRI

This week has been very busy so far. I've been working full-time hours this week so I've had very little time to do anything important. But I had my CT/MRI orientation today. I really like the teachers and there are two people in the program who I was in x-ray school with so that's cool. It's going to be very hard and very stressful because we only have 20 weeks to learn everything for CT and 20 weeks for MRI. It doesn't sound that hard to most of you I'm sure but you don't just push a button, you have to know EVERYTHING! The different machines, how they work, how they affect the body, the different contrast agents, how they affect the body, how to position the patients, how much radiation to use, how to read the images, and so on. Anyways, it's quite stressful to learn all of that in 20 weeks when I had 2 years to learn x-ray. But my clinicals site is in Dunn at Betsy Johnson Regional Hospital. I don't have a lot of good things to say about that hospital, but the radiology department is stellar. I had x-ray clinicals there my first year and they have an excellent department manager and I already know the CT and MRI techs who will be training me so I'm very excited. I've been away from the whole ER scene for a while now so I'm going to have to get used to the bleeding, broken patients on backboards again. So that should be fun. I just want to get through CT so I can move onto MRI, which is the area I hope to work in. Well that's all for now, have a great weekend!

No comments: