Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Update

I'm pretty much enjoying my last summer break ever! I've stayed pretty busy though with work and wedding planning. I'm still working part time but have a couple 40-hour weeks coming up. I did get a raise at work though, my supervisor called me Saturday while I was at the office and she said the doctor agreed to the raise which goes into effect immediately!! I was so excited, I actually get a little bit of respect now from everybody since I'm officially Registered. They even got me a new name tag that says Lindsey Simmons RT (R). You guys have no idea how special that makes me feel, haha. Plus when the PA's ask me if I see anything on an x-ray, I feel pretty important then when I can point things out to them. I love my job, it's tons of fun. Except when you have to x-ray a kid like I did last night who was screaming in my face and ear, kicking and was just quite uncooperative, (and it's 20 minutes after closing time) then you just want to quit. :)

In other news, Kyle and I went by and looked at our new apartment today. The one Kyle had reserved didn't work out because the lady decided she wanted to stay. So we actually got a bigger apartment for the same price, yay! It's not huge but it's very close to my parents, church and work so it works out great! We're both excited about that, we can start moving Kyle's stuff in on July 28th.

Wedding plans are going well too. My Mom contacted a lady who will probably be doing the cake for us. She did two of my cousins' cakes and they were delicious. She was going to charge us like a third of what the Raleigh folks were charging so I'm very excited about that. We have a limo reserved, I'm looking into dj's and decorations and things like that now too. Kyle and I have been reading some very good books that are supposed to help you prepare for marriage. I have to say they have all been wonderful so far and I think we have both learned a LOT!! I'm sure that you can never fully prepare for such a life-changing event but we are doing our best with lots of advice and counsel from others. We're not done yet but here's a list we have started:

"For Women Only" - Shaunti Feldhahn
"For Men Only" - Jeff and Shaunti Feldhahn
"Love Life for Every Married Couple" - Ed Wheat, M.D.
"Preparing for Marriage" - Dennis Rainey
"Discovering God's Way of Handling Money" - Crown Financial Ministries
"The Complete Financial Guide for Young Couples" - Larry Burkett
"Intended for Pleasure" - Ed and Gaye Wheat

I know there are tons more out there, so if you have any suggestions for other books we should read, let us know!! I would strongly suggest any of the above books to married and single people, they are great!

I hope everyone is having a great week!! I'm so excited for Brian and Kristen, tomorrow is the BIG day!! :) I can't wait to see pictures!

No comments: