Monday, August 30, 2010

Computer Lessons...

It is no secret that computers and I don't get along very well. I don't understand how they work and I don't have the patience to learn. I just want them to work when and how I want them to work. And when my computer doesn't work, all I have to do is yell... "KYYYYYYYLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and he comes and magically fixes whatever the problem is. That's why I married him, just kidding. Sort of. Anyway, recently I was trying to log in to a website and I repeatedly got this message: "The Server understood your request, but chose not to fulfill it."

Has anyone else seen that message before?? I'm sure my jaw hit the floor the first time I saw that message. "That computer has a lot of nerve", I said aloud to my kitty who was sitting next to me. Some nerve indeed. It totally understood what I was telling it to do and it just flat out refused. Then I kind of chuckled to myself thinking about how children are sometimes the exact same way...

All of the sudden this thought popped into my head. How many times have I understood exactly what God was telling me to do and just flat out chose not to do it?? I am no better than that darn computer. I'm sure there are days when God just sits up there thinking, "That girl has a lot of nerve." I had to say a prayer of repentance because I knew that I have refused to obey God so many times. Some times I disobey because I lack the faith to believe that God can accomplish something through me, sometimes it's way too out of my comfort zone to do it, other times I'm just too lazy and stubborn to do it. The sin of omission is just as wrong as doing something I know not to do.

"Therefore, to one who knows the right thing to do and does not do it, to him it is sin."

- James 4:17

Talk about feeling convicted. Praise Jesus for his patience and mercy and for giving me countless second chances to get it right. Whew... who knew I would learn something spiritual from working on a computer?! God knew.

No comments: