Friday, September 10, 2010

Labor Day 2010

I am finally getting around to writing about the awesome time we had last weekend. For those of you that don't know, my Mom had two surgeries on Tuesday and I have spent the majority of the week focused on her. I had the week off of work which was such a huge blessing. I got to be at the hospital with my Dad all day Tuesday while Mom was in surgery and I got to spend time with her the next two days as well. My wonderful Aunt came up from Atlanta to stay with Mom all week and I know my Dad was so thankful for the extra help. Not to mention my aunt is a nurse so she was able to help with all "that stuff" that needed to be done. Mom is doing great, she has truly done amazing and is recovering very quickly. I decided I needed to stay home today and get my own life (and house) back in order before my 70-hour work week starts tomorrow. So today I am catching up on stuff like getting my car inspected, watching my DVR shows, responding to emails, grocery shopping, getting ready for our yard sale next Saturday, etc etc...

Anyway, back to our awesome weekend. We went to Jacksonville to see the Fescoe's and we got to meet two Fescoe's that we have only known through Facebook. Jen and Delaney. Jen is Kyle's cousin Bob's wife and Delaney is their 9 month old daughter. They are so cool! We really had a blast getting to know them. Of course Mom and Dad Fescoe feed us like nobody's business every time we go. Monday we went to the beach and took lots of pictures!! Delaney is so cute and probably the happiest and best baby I have ever seen in my whole entire life. I don't think the kid cried the whole time we were there. They had been traveling for a week and she was still so happy and slept great. A very fun time! Now if we could just get them to come to Myrtle Beach for Thanksgiving next year... ;)


Happy Delaney


Jen and Delaney


Mom F, Courtney, Dad F


Kyle and me

1 comment:

Courtney said...

It was a lot of fun! Come back again soon!