Thursday, February 5, 2009

Triples

I am very proud to announce that I made my first attempt at "triple coupon" shopping today. So many ladies I know do it regularly and they keep telling me how much money they save and all these things they get for free. (They have baseball card notebooks that they keep all these coupons in, they buy like 3 or 4 Sunday papers every week and spend lots of hours researching and shopping, etc etc) I like saving money and all but it just seems like a lot of work to me and I don't really have time or the patience for 2-3 hour grocery shopping trips each week, plus I already despise the task to start with. BUT... I spent about 30 minutes online yesterday and rounded up a few coupons for things that I already regularly use and decided to go for it. It was actually kinda fun. Besides the millions of Moms and children crowding the whole store. I did save about $30 this week so I was proud. I don't see this as becoming an addictive, obsessive thing for me like some women, but I can definitely spend 30 min a week searching for coupons, that much I can handle, haha. And I only spent an hour in the grocery store :)

And to toot my own horn just a little louder (hehe), I finally purchased some reusable "GREEN" grocery bags. I'm not totally into all this "go green" and be all organic and stuff so I'm having to take small steps, one at a time. I'm trying.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I just started hearing about this coupon craze thing but I still don't know how it works...

I LOVE our canvas bags! I use them everywhere! They hold so much more stuff in them, they're easier to carry and they rarely tip over in my trunk.

Kristen said...

Nicely done!!! I have been a huge couponer for a couple years now. I even joined a coupon trading group that i LOVE! I save so much money it's crazy. Have fun!! Let me know if there are any coupons you specifically could use and maybe we could trade some. :D