Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Exaggerated Sickness

At first I didn't find Monday to be funny at all, but now it kinda is :)

We had spent the weekend in Williamsburg, visting family and we had a really awesome time. We spent sometime at Jamestown and did the outdoor tour which was freezing but very interesting. We got to see Kyle's brother Chris, Michelle, Ava and baby Lincoln who is so adorable! It was a short but very fun trip! The stomach bug had been passed around their house last week so there was apparently some germs still floating around. I hardly ever get those stomach bugs so I wasn't too worried...

But Monday I felt fine all day until I had to leave to go to work around noon. On the way to work I started to feel a little nauseated but nothing too serious. Then I just felt worse as I started working and eventually around 4 or 5 I decided I needed to go home after I vomited up my entire breakfast and lunch. So I very calmly go tell my supervisor I need to go home and for some reason she sort of freaks. In the middle of me feeling sick and being concerned about leaving the other tech by herself to do my work... I didn't get what the big concern was. But my very sweet and concerned supervisor decided it would be best if I laid down in one of the rooms for a while and she proceeded to go get one of the radiologist to come check on me and make sure I was ok. Good grief, I just wanted to go home. So the doc comes in and then I find out why everyone is freaking.... I had just gotten my TB skin test done (which is negative btw) that day and they were concerned about an allergic reaction. They checked my BP and heart rate and everything was elevated, of course. So they made me call my doctor to see what he recommended... at this point I'm thinking this is ridiculous and I really just want to go home. It was not an allergic reaction, duh. I was just dehydrated and needed to go home. Then they found out I would have to drive an hour to get home and they wanted me to go to the ER... seriously?!?! So after tons of convincing they let me go home. My gracious!!!!! By the time I got home I was feeling much better and my lovely husband went to the store and got me some Pedialyte so I drank some of that and a couple of hours later I was fine. I never got sick again and I was completely fine the next morning. So I don't know if I really had the bug or just ate something bad, I don't know but it only lasted for a few hours. So basically I learned that I'll never be able to fake being sick while I'm working in health care, haha. They'll just break out that BP cuff and make sure I'm good and sick before they let me go home :)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh no!!!! That's terrible!!! Everyone is getting it now :-( Everyone except Christopher! He NEVER EVER gets sick and that's starting to drive me crazy.

I'm glad Kyle was good to you. Chris did not get that gene. He's a big meanie poo when I'm sick.

That was a very funny story. Although, when you're not feeling well you just want to go home, not be held hostage in a hospital!

Lindsey Fescoe said...

Yes, Kyle is pretty good at taking care of me when I'm sick, I try not to take advantage of that, hehe ;)

And it wasn't too terrible, it went away pretty fast so that's good. Kyle hasn't gotten it yet so hopefully he won't...