Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Life...

Life is good right now. I took a mock x-ray Registry yesterday and made an 87 on it (75 is passing) so that was wonderful news! Plus they said the one I took was much harder than the real one is going to be, they said I could expect to add anywhere from 5-10 points to my grade on the real one. So I'm pretty excited about that! :) That definitely takes a ton of pressure off of me.

Work is going well so far. I already know everything about the x-ray part of the job and I am loving that very much!! They are now cross-training me to do the lab work since I have very little experience with that. So far I have practiced drawing blood on an x-ray tech, a nurse and a very kind PA. I missed on the x-ray tech and had to dig around a little before I found the vein, I got it first try on the nurse, and I bruised the PA's hand pretty bad but he was nice about it. But I'm learning... starting an IV (which I have done many times) is much easier for me than drawing blood. Oh well. It's a lot to learn but I'm liking it pretty good. It's definitely good experience and will help me find a better job in the future. Being cross-trained in several different things always helps finding a job anywhere, in the medical field especially. I like everybody so far, especially the ones I will be working with at night and on the weekends. I've only made a few mistakes so far and only one was not able to be fixed. I think I'm doing ok, haha!

I hope everybody else is having a great week!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Thank goodness for all those kind people who are willing to let you practice. Thankfully everyone in medicine has been the one learning all that hard stuff at one part are another. I think the hardest part must be overcoming the nerves. I hope every day gets easier and easier!

Michelle said...

You're so smart :)