Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Beautiful Scars

This past Monday night at Bible study I got a new perspective on scars. We all have them. Most of us don't like them. Some scars bring back terrible memories. Some bring back fond memories where we laugh and remember good times. I still have a scar on my right knee from when my sister and I decided it would be smart to ride in our little red wagon down the drive way. We crashed and burned and I have the scar to prove it. Some scars bring shame. Some scars remind us of how we've been healed. Some of us may have a few small scars that we don't even remember where they came from. But most of the time, we remember exactly how we got every scar. Each one has it's own story that has left a permanent reminder on our body.

Scars should never be an ugly thing. They are a reminder and proof that we have survived! Whatever it was that caused those permanent marks on our body, wasn't stronger than us. It didn't win. We survived! I don't usually make it a habit to ask people to show me their scars and tell me their stories. That would definitely be awkward. Without a doubt though, there is one pair of scars that I absolutely can not wait to see! The nailed scarred hands of Jesus Christ. Praise, Him! He is so worthy of our praise! He survived the cross! He defeated death. Oh, those beautiful, beautiful scars. And even better, I can not wait to see my name engraved next to those nail scarred hands. In Isaiah 49:16, the Lord tells His people, "See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands." WOW! I can not wait until that glorious day when I see Jesus hold out His hands, see my name next to those beautiful scars and hear Him say, "See Lindsey, I did this for YOU!" Jesus Messiah is my Redeemer. Is He yours? Will you see your name engraved in the palm of His hands? My prayer for you is that your answer is a resounding YES!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I couldn't agree more. I see every single scar, stretch mark or bump as proof that I have LIVED my life. The way I see it if your body looks in mint condition when you reach the end of life than you surely did not do enough living.