Friday, July 30, 2010

Credit Sharks in Suits

Dave Ramsey wasn't kidding when he said credit card companies are like sharks! They are relentless. But I did not give in and after 20 minutes of battling with them over the phone today my credit card is canceled once and for all! Sure, there were tons of other things I really wanted to buy with that money but I know using it towards debt was the smart thing to do. There are far more important things in life than the "stuff" we collect. The borrower is always the slave to the lender and that is no lie. It is such a freeing feeling to have one less debt to worry about. That feeling far outweighs the temporary pleasure of anything I could have bought with that money. I am so proud of how hard Kyle and I have worked to reduce our debt by SO much this year. We are now one step closer to being totally debt free!!




No comments: