Monday, April 26, 2010

Simulcast

Saturday we got to participate in our first simulcast. Well it was really just for women but some of our wonderful husbands got recruited to help with serving lunch and selling books and cleaning up and all that fun stuff. Kyle, being a natural server did a great job and I know he had fun too.

Anyway, the simulcast was based off Beth Moore's new book, So Long, Insecurity... you've been a bad friend to us. In case I don't talk enough about Beth Moore, she is my all time favorite teacher! I love her. She's super cute, she's hilarious and she's hard core. I did read the book before the simulcast and I highly recommend it to any woman. If you say that you aren't insecure about ANYthing then that's just being insecure about admitting your insecurities. haha. Seriously, any woman can get something out of this book.

The live event was in Woodstock, Georgia and there were 300,000 ladies gathered at churches and schools throughout the country listening to her on Saturday. We had over 200 ladies just at our church. I wasn't sure how weird it would be to be watching someone teach off a video screen in a different location but it was so cool. And Travis Cottrell led the praise and worship time, LOVE him too! It was a new experience but very unique and super fun. I can't wait until we do another one!!

One of my favorite new verses we learned is: "She is clothed in strength and dignity, she can laugh at the days to come." - Proverbs 31:25

I didn't have any time to take pictures since I was one of the greeters but I'm good at stealing other people's pictures :)




me and Jenny (our beautiful pastor's wife) greeting at the door

1 comment:

Light said...

It was a wonderful simulcast! I learned so much, and was introduced to what a wonderful teacher Beth Moore is!

I was also quite surprised that it was so real, like she was on the stage in front of us. Being short, I found myself standing on my tip toes, just hoping to see her below the screen and then became surprised that I forgot that it was a simulcast.

The ladies at church did a fantastic job putting it together, and I'm glad I was 1 of the 200 ladies who had the opportunity to experience God.

~Jyoti