Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Too busy!

The last couple of weeks have been way too busy for us! I had to work long hours last week covering for someone who was out on vacation and then our manager got sick and was admitted to the hospital so I had to cover some hours for her too. After all that I basically slept all of Saturday away... I didn't even want to go look at furniture! *gasp*

Kyle and I are both getting ready to start a program at church called Upward. It's a Christian based sports program and our church participates in the football and cheerleading part. I am coaching a 2nd-3rd grade cheerleading team with my sister. hehe. I'm a little nervous about this since I have never coached before, actually I've never had anything to do with cheerleading at all. We have a coaches manual with all the positions, jumps, cheers, etc and a DVD to watch. Practices start next week so hopefully I will have time this week to sit down and study everything. We have ten precious girls on our squad and since it's very low competition it is mostly just for fun. Thank goodness. Kyle is also helping coach a 4th-6th grade football team. I hear they drafted the fasted kid in the league so him and the other coach are super excited. They have already been working on plays and studying the rule book and such so I have a feeling their team is going to be a lot competitive, haha. So that will keep us busy a couple nights a week and every Saturday morning through mid-November!

Well I must get off the computer now and finish getting things ready for our Ladies Luau tonight! The Heart-to-Heart team (I think I blogged about that before...) that I'm a part of is sponsoring this event to get to know our new lady members at church and kick-off the new year by advertising all the upcoming events! My friend and I are responsible for the games and door prizes! I going to try to remember to take pics... we will have women of all ages playing hula hoop games and such :)

1 comment:

DiDi's Blog said...

Pictures... we want pictures of this beautiful new house...I'll take one room at a time... Which one are you guys working on first? I wish I were there to help decorate and paint.. Maybe in my next life I'll be Candace Olsen...Love you guys..