Monday, August 3, 2009

Deeper Still

I had the awesome privilege of going to a Deeper Still women's conference this weekend with my mom, sister and aunt. I love me some christian women's conferences, they are truly the highlights of my year. I can't even describe the encouragement, joy and refreshing that comes from these events. There were 11,000 women packed into the Greensboro collesium for two days and we praised God like nobody's business. Beth Moore has been my one of my favorite Bible teachers for years now and joining her were Kay Arthur and Priscilla Shirer... not to mention Travis Cottrell's praise team. You can't go wrong with those three ladies. Three different personalities and three different teaching styles make for one fun and exciting time. It does the heart good to see such strength in these ladies and they are on fire for God, they bring it everytime. It was so cool to see 11,000 other Christian women there too, there are many times I feel like I'm alone in where I stand, but I am so not the only one. I could hardly stay in my seat when Kay Arthur was talking about the downward spiral this country is in and how God's hand of judgement is on us because our cup of iniquties is overflowing. I so wanted to jump out of my seat and embarass myself my yelling "preach it sister"....but I didn't, don't worry. I laughed my head off at Priscilla's "mommy" stories and of course I enjoyed every minute Beth Moore had the stage. Great weekend!!

Sunday was also another fun day when Kyle's parents, Chad, Courtney and my family came for a visit. We had a cookout and had a really great lunch and family time. Donna had tons of decorating ideas for the new place also, which I loved!!

The living room is FINALLY painted, after a week of working on it in bits and pieces! One room down...12 to go, hehe. Now I just have to get my curtains, furniture and decorations and we're good.

I will leave you all with this bit of encouragement I got from the weekend:

"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen" - Ephesians 3:20-21

God can do ANYTHING, believe Him for it.

Us with Priscilla Shirer


Priscilla, Kay and Beth picking on each other


Priscilla and Beth trying to rap on stage...too cute

No comments: