Wednesday, July 22, 2009

We moved!!!

We just got our internet hooked up yesterday... that's right, 4 whole days without the internet. I thought I was going to die.

The closing went well on Friday and we moved in on Saturday. Just a few minor set backs along the way but no major problems so far. We still have quite a few boxes to unpack but overall it looks great in here! We are going to start painting and decorating next week and I can't wait! I'm so excited to give the house a make-over and make it mine!!

On a funnier note... we introduced our indoor-only kitty to the great outdoors and she has proven to be quite the princess. She is refusing to walk across the grass at this point, it apparently feels funny to her soft, sensitive, INDOOR paws... she would rather sit in the garage for 8 hours than run around and play in the yard. She just sits and cries at the door to come in or sleeps on the stairs. Bless her heart, she acts so deprived. I've already explained to the neighbors about the situation so they don't think we are evil. She WILL learn to love the outdoors!

I will post pics soon, I promise!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Why do you guys want Abby outside?? I didn't think you could convert an indoor cat... Besides, she doesn't have the claws to fend for herself anymore, does she?

Lindsey Fescoe said...

well... I'm ok with her being inside sometimes, but she has clawed my couch and brand new comforter and vomited on my furniture about 1,000 too many times... her litter box stinks up everything, she really bothers Kyle's alleriges and it's much easier to just be able to toss her outside when we need to. But yeah, she does still have her claws, I would never declaw a cat period, let alone put a declawed cat outside, I'm not that mean! She won't be outside 100% of the time, but she has fur and claws for a reason, she'll be fine.

Michelle said...

Well that makes sense. I'm sure she'll adjust in due time - she is a cat, after all!

Lindsey Fescoe said...

We are trying a few hours at a time until she gets used to it... and only when we're home. She stays inside at night and when we're gone.