Sunday, July 5, 2009

July 4th!

We had a super fun weekend in Atlanta visiting some of my family!

We got there Friday afternoon and cooked out hamburgers and hot dogs of course! The weather was so nice we spent most of the evening outdoors playing redneck golf and lounging in the hammock. I got to meet my cousins new baby, Nevaeh. She is only 3 weeks old and she is totally precious! I held her most of the time, hehe... yes, I'm a baby hog.

Saturday we headed out to the lake! My uncle has an awesome boat and he was nice enough to ride us all around all day. We all attempted tubing and some of the brave ones did the wake boarding, I'm too weak to handle that one. It was a beautiful day though, couldn't ask for better weather in July!!! After a long day at the lake we decided not to mess with the craziness in Peach Tree City and opted instead for some smaller fireworks at the house. And my aunt made some homemade ice cream... strawberry and rocky road! Oh my! I was in heaven, forget the fireworks, give me the ice cream. It was still great fun and it makes it so much more fun when you have little kids running around and getting all excited! :) Too bad there wasn't a Braves home game this weekend, but Kyle did get to watch his NASCAR, that was one crazy finish if anybody else out there saw it too! Anyway...it's totally worth the 8 hour trip there and back to spend an awesome time with an awesome family!

We hope everyone else had a wonderful time celebrating our country's independence! Happy 4th of July!

This was so relaxing


Me and sweet Nevaeh


Little cousins with their matching 4th of July outfits


Me and Kyle at the lake


cousins on the boat!


me and Kyle again


ready for the fireworks!

No comments: