Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I'm done!

No, not with packing ;)

With Jon and Kate Plus 8. I'm done. I'm no longer a fan.

This is a blog about my life, and sadly the Gosselin family was a part of my life every Monday night at 9pm. I fell in love with that family four years ago, right from the start. I love big families and those kids are totally adorable.

Their life is a tragedy. They have lost their family, their friends and ultimately their marriage. Fame and fortune took over and turned them into two different people. I was truly about in tears watching the show last night. It was horrible.

Obviously if any of you have seen the tabloids, there is plenty of blame to go around. However, I am most disappointed in Kate. She treated her husband like the ninth child, she degraded him and constantly yelled at him until he gave in to her every wish. He had finally had enough, and while I don't condone what he did, I'm not surprised. Jon himself said last night that he had been too passive and let her rule the roost and do whatever she wanted. Jon wanted to quit the show at the end of last season and Kate said no way. She loves the popularity and the money. I truly believe that Kate should have enough respect for her husband and poor children to have quit the show. Jon hates being on the show and all the attention that it brings. How can a loving wife and mother over look that. Kate said that hopefully their divorce is for the better and that it will bring peace to the family. yeah. right. In my opinion, they have ruined not only their own lives but the lives of those poor innocent children. How terribly sad.

So, I am no longer a fan of Jon and Kate Plus 8. I refuse to watch any more of their shows. I can't support what they have done to themselves and their family. Yes, divorce happens. I get that. But it makes it that much worse to watch it all play out in a real family on TV and see how totally preventable it was for Jon and Kate. What a shame.

**********************************************************************

Enough with the depressing stuff already! Good grief!

Happy Father's Day a little late! We had a great day spending time with some of the daddies in our life. Mine of course, being the best Dad around!

We are 24 days away from closing on our house! I'm running around packing like crazy. I'm pretty sure we are not going to miss this place AT ALL! ...expect maybe the pool and the gym and our friends being so close :)

Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm with you. It breaks my heart.

Michelle said...

...eh hem...

I guess I'm the oddball here too b/c I'm on "Team Kate." Granted, I'll admit that I didn't watch many episodes (reality TV is not my cup-of-tea) but I always thought Jon was lazy, unmotivated and detached.

Also, I don't blame the fame and fortune for their failing marriage. With fame comes fortune and I'm not sure how they would have afforded their family otherwise...I think the leading cause for divorce is financial issues, no?

Finally, I don't like hearing how those kids were exploited. I think their parents gave them a great gift by doing the show - talk about awesome home movies and memories on film!

I think the kids will survive this just fine - or as well as any children from a split home. There are much worse things that can still happen in their lives - if this is the worse for them then I consider them extremely lucky.

As usual, the media is hyping this up and getting everyone into a tizzy. It's just not a big deal.