Monday, June 8, 2009

6 weeks and counting...

...til we move!! We are getting SOOO excited. I've already started packing too. Some of our friends just moved and they had over 50 brand new boxes they didn't use so they gave them to us. Very cool. We are ready to get in that house and start painting and making it our own.

So we are moving to a town called Fuquay-Varina, (people around here just say Fuquay) ....btw it is pronounced “FEW-quay vuh-REE-nah" It's about 15 minutes from where we currently live. It's a cute, but happening little country town with easy access to the city. I'm definitely not a city girl so I love it! And they have a super Wal-Mart, Home Depot and Chick-fil-A, so we're good. We are just a couple of minutes away from down town Fuquay which we are very happy about. They have some awesome stores and restaurants that I adore. Most of all I love Fuquay because the people in general are so nice! Unlike Cary aka "Relocated Yankeeville" where the people can be quite rude and everything cost too much. I know we are going to really enjoy our new town... if we can ever get there!

We also had a very fun weekend. Friday night we had a social with our Newly-Married class from church. We had homemade ice cream... my fav. Then Saturday morning, Kyle ran in Fuquay's "Run the Quay" 5K challenge. He did awesome and like the wonderful wife I am, I forgot the camera. So I'm stealing some pics from other people.


Fairview Baptist Church group: BEFORE


Running


FBC group: AFTER

2 comments:

Lawrence said...

we love Quay town... haha... we are in Fuquay at least once a day... and our gym is there... you should check out Heather's fav place... its called the Guardian Angel thrift store... its just before Walmart... haha... but its a really cool place... course we love Angier too.. ;)

Michelle said...

Woot!!! As Billy Joel says, "These are the times to remember, they will not last forever.." Super exciting!!! I can't wait to visit the new abode and check out this happening town. You guys are all grown up...sniff...