Tuesday, May 19, 2009

More reading...

I recently finished up another book...The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands by Dr. Laura Schlessinger. Very interesting book. Not one I would have picked up off the shelf on my own but someone wanted my opinion of it so I read it, very neat stuff. It had some new perspectives I never thought mattered to husbands before. It's an easy read too :)

I like what Dr. Laura says at the end: "Men rescue, repair, provide, protect. Men don't sit, stew, and rehash. Men are active and proactive. They do that out of love, duty, responsibility, and character. That needs to be respected and appreciated if a woman is to have a happy life married to a good man. A good man is just that--a man. A good man is not a best girlfriend."

"The truth is that when it comes to home and relationships, women rule, this is a book about how to rule wisely and lovingly."

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Hehe, you don't know how to underline in Blogger either ;-)

The part you posted about sounds similar to the theory in Steve Harvey's new book called, "Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man." I haven't read the book but I've seen some reviews and I think he has the same concept about men.

Interesting!

Lindsey Fescoe said...

No I don't know how to underline, haha Someone out there has to know...