Sunday, May 3, 2009

Crazy Weekend

Friday night Kyle and I helped chaperon a Youth Lock-In! Yes, we are crazy, haha. We were supposed to be at Adventure Landing from 11pm-7am with like 50 teenagers. I agreed to ride as passenger to one of the teenage girls... who didn't know how to drive. So we ended up crashing, really hard into another kart and I hurt my foot REALLY bad. I seriously thought it was broken. I was so mad... the first race of the night and I was already hurt! So my foot started to swell and bruise and hurt even worse. I tried to elevate it and ice it but it didn't help much. Kyle and I had to leave early, 3am and head home so I could take care of my foot. So I slept for about 4 hours and then after continuing to deny I needed an x-ray I finally gave in when I could no longer put any pressure on it. Kyle took me to the urgent care to get my foot x-rayed (by a girl I used to work with... radiology is such a small world). Thankfully it was not broken, only sprained. I did get a sexy looking shoe I have to wear for 4-5 days though. At least I can walk without crutches though, and I can still work! Don't think we'll be doing any more lock-ins though... it was fun while it lasted, I feel so old!

Saturday my family from Atlanta came up for my cousin's baby shower!! We had tons of good food and Holly got lots of super cute things for her baby! We are so excited for her!

Today Kyle and I had the 4-year old nursery at church, wonderful timing with the hurt foot and all! God really does have a sense of humor sometimes, haha.

Anyways... negotiations are still underway with the house! We are getting closer... and super excited!

No comments: