Sunday, October 5, 2008

Get Aways

This was the first weekend Kyle and I have spent apart since we got married. I missed him lots but we both had a great time.

Kyle spent the weekend with some of the men on my Dad's side of the family down at the beach at Emerald Isle. He got invited on their yearly fishing trip so he decided to go. They basically ate, talked and did a little fishing. Nice relaxing weekend for Kyle.

I went with my Mom and sisters to a family reunion down in South Carolina. I absolutely love going down there. My Uncles own a bunch of farm land in a nice quiet country area. We did the usual: cook a pig, stuff our bellies and then take a long walk down the dirt road. We also got to meet the newest animal, a beautiful horse named... Petroleum, yup, Petroleum. I'm so glad I got some good ole red-neck country in my blood (we're not all ignorant and disgusting like some of you Yankees think ;) ) We sure do know how to have a good (and loud) time. Believe it or not, sometimes it is ok to losen your belt, prop your feet up and inhale yourself some good food. I'm giggling to myself as I can only imagine what some of you may be thinking about me now, haha. Don't worry, I promise to be proper and act intelligent next time I see y'all :)

Hope you all had a great weekend!!

12 days and counting until the NC State Fair...

2 comments:

Lawrence said...

You can def. tell you are from the south... not because of all you said about loosening belt buckles and cookin a pig... but simply because you are counting down to the State Fair.. ;) Hope everything is going great!

-Lp

Lindsey Fescoe said...

haha, yes I know... I'm a little crazy about the state fair