Saturday, May 17, 2008

Busy week...

So this week was quite crazy for the newly weds. Kyle had four church softball games and at the last one me and my parents sat under an umbrella in the pouring rain the whole time. The softball team has been really fun for us both though because Kyle gets to socialize with the guys and play some ball and I get to socialize with the ladies on the bleachers. It works out well.

It was a milestone for LaSandra the Honda yesterday when she reached 100,000 miles. Yes, I had to call Kyle and we had a sad moment. My baby is halfway dead but I still love her and have had ZERO problems so far, I can't complain, I love my 30mpg car :)

One of my really great friends Lawrence got married today. We were close in high school and went to youth group together, he's like the brother I never had. So Kyle and I and my sister went to Smithfield to see him get married today. It was a simple but lovely wedding, it reminded me a lot of my own. This was our first wedding we've attended since we got married and it was so nice to be on the other side this time, so much less stressful! Then we got to spend some time with the g-parents and eat dinner with them, good times.

I accepted a full time job at my work this week. It's not exactly the hours or job title I wanted but it will work for now. There are so few MR jobs available in this area right now which makes it very difficult for a new graduate with no experience to get a job at a high profile hospital like WakeMed. Maybe someday. Work will be less than 5 miles from my house though so I will save about $100 a month on gas and will have much more time at home than I do now. Plus I get free lunch everyday (from the drug reps) and paid holidays OFF! Not a big deal to those of you who already get that but being in health care, it is a big privilege to get every holiday off work. I already know everybody and am already trained on everything so it should be an easy transition. I'm pretty excited and I start June 16!

We are having lunch with my sister Lesley and the rest of the family tomorrow to say goodbye to her. Lez is leaving this week to go to Peru for study abroad this summer with her Spanish Education major. She gets to hike Machu Picchu and stay with a host family and take classes and all that cool stuff. I'm totally jealous and wish I could go with her. What an awesome experience but we are gonna miss her like crazy!!

Other than that, not much going on here. Three more weeks of school and counting!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

congrats on the full-time job :)

Lawrence said...

Hey sis! Glad you and Kyle and Leah were at the wedding... it was great to see you there! Now that we are both married we have to hang out as couples... haha... there are not any young married couples (without kids) that live near us or that we know... hah.. .thats what we get for getting married so young... we should double date or something when Heather and I get back... might be fun... where are you living now?

Oh and Heather LOVES to scrapbook too so maybe you and her can get together sometime (I know she's going to do our wedding at some point...

Love yah kid... congrats on the new full-time job!