Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Home at last

My Mom was finally able to come home from the hospital today. She still has a little bit of fluid in her lungs but that will go away with time. We are ALL so glad we don't have to spend another day at that hospital. Now everybody has to catch up on some much needed sleep. One thing I did learn very quickly is that it is a completely different experience when you are at a hospital working verses when you or a loved one are there as a patient. That may be one of the reasons this was allowed to happen, to show me how to care for my patients even more than I did before. Now I have been in their shoes and I know how frustrating it can be when you want answers and the staff seem to be moving in slow motion. I feel like I learned a lot and I am so glad my Mom is home where she can finish recovering.

In wedding news, Kyle and I had our outdoor engagement pictures taken last Friday night so hopefully we can post a link so everyone can see them soon.

I have clinical orientation tomorrow and start classes on Monday. I'm so ready to get this school thing over with. I hope everyone else has a great week!

No comments: