Friday, July 27, 2007

First week of CT

My first week of CT is over!! Thank God! It was a very long and stressful week. I went to school all day then work all night, plus extra hours because one of the girls was sick this week. The classroom part of CT is not fun at all. The teacher goes really fast and we had 2 quizzes the first day of class and 2 quizzes and a test on the second day. I'm not a slow learner and I don't consider myself to be a dumb person but I can't keep up with that lady. She assumes we already know everything so she just flies through it. Whatever though. As for the clinical part, I LOVE IT!! They are already letting me scan patients and I'm actually getting the hang of it. The two techs I'm working with let me do everything, they don't push me out of the way and take over so that's really nice. They even let me start an IV by myself today and they weren't even in the room so I think they were a tab bit impressed. But since they grade me, I'm kissing tail all semester. Sometimes you gotta be the one to jump up and clean the room and help patients to the bathroom if you want a good grade. I'm OK with that though because I love the patients and CT is sooo interesting! I love radiology! I'm so glad it's Friday though!! Kyle moves into his new apartment tomorrow, yay! I hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: