Tuesday, March 27, 2007

New Job!

The last couple of weeks have been super busy! In school we are studying our tails off for our national radiologic technology boards. I will take mine on May 16 at 9am, your prayers are greatly needed. This is an extremely hard exam and I'm already stressed about it.

BUT some good news is that I GOT A JOB!! I will be working at a medical center about 15min from my house which is awesome. I will be taking x-rays and working in the lab when they need me. It's only 20 hours a week which is perfect and they will totally work with me when I need days off for studying or whatever. I'm very excited and I get to start orientation tomorrow!! Everybody there that I've met (including 2 doctors) are super nice too! I'm going to enjoy the freedom of working alone, unsupervised and under a regular doctor verses getting fussed at by radiologists everyday. I think I'm going to like the change and being away from the hospital for a while. No ER patients, no OR cases, no fluoroscopy (which means I will be getting a whole lot LESS radiation exposure). I think this will be good for me and I definitely need the money. I'm glad they are hiring me before I even graduate, most places don't. Anyways, I hope everyone else is having a great week!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

That is fantastic news. Sounds like a great job and great flexibility. Keep us posted on how everything goes.

Courtney said...

Aww CONGRATS :)

Michelle said...

You go, girl!!! What a huge relief!