Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Weekend Get-a-way

Kyle and I had a much needed, relaxing beach weekend. We met up with 5 other couples down at Fort Caswell. The weather was awesome and we got to spend the weekend having fun, getting to know our friends better and talking about marriage stuff since it was a Couples Retreat. The leaders gave us different projects and activities to complete with each other and the hardest one was definitely the Kite contest. Each couple spent Saturday afternoon making a kite that was supposed to fly. They gave us a roll of tape and kite string and we were on our own. We couldn't use anything we brought or buy anything. ha. Building things is most definitely not mine or Kyle's specialty but it was still fun. We failed miserably and the only points we received were for effort and for being on time for the contest. :) Anyway, I know other people took pictures, unlike me, so maybe I can steal some and post them eventually.

Oh yes, and I can't forget to add that this Saturday is our first Upward football game. My 2nd and 3rd graders are so excited and have their cheers all ready to perform. They are going to be so cute in their little uniforms and hair ribbons. I should probably take pictures, haha. And I think Kyle's team is ready for their game, maybe? I think they might have some not-so-athletic kids on their team. haha. That's always fun. Anyway, should be a good time.

PS - I bargained with my manager for the Friday after Thanksgiving off so we are officially Myrtle Beach bound!!! woohoooooo!!! :)

4 comments:

Courtney said...

YAYY Can't wait for MB!! :)

Lawrence said...

Sounds like you guys have an exciting fall planned! The not-so- athletic kids need lovin too... HA... I remember a time when you could have called me that...

Michelle said...

I'm soooooo excited!! Ava will be thrilled to hear the news, too :)

Lawrence said...

Hey guys! We are headed to Myrtle the weekend after Thanksgiving too!! We are staying at the Oceans One hotel in South Myrtle... we NEED a vacation... haha.. where are you guys going to be in Myrtle?