Monday, June 30, 2008

Summertime

Not too much has been happening around here.

I started my full-time job two weeks ago and it is going fairly well. I love the people I work immediately with in radiology and the lab. Some of the nurses and doctors across the hall kind of annoy me some days but I can handle them. I'm not really thrilled about having an off site radiologist, I got spoiled in the hospital with the doc being right down the hall. Now I have to call and talk to his secretary if I have a question or need something from him. It's not so bad though. I didn't think I was going to like my hours, having to work until 8pm and on Saturdays. But so far it has been great. I'm a morning person so I can get housework and errands done in the morning and go to the pool during the summer, I can even meet Kyle or my Mom or sisters for lunch. Saturdays aren't nearly as bad as during the week. I get to work by myself for the most part and avoid all of the office drama for one day. The job works for now so I'm happy.

I took my national boards for MRI last Thursday and left feeling kind of sick. It was the hardest test I've ever taken in my life. I did not feel good about it at all. Hopefully I will find out soon if I passed.

My sister has been in Peru for the last 5 weeks and we are all so ready for her to come home! This is the longest time we've ever been apart from her and we miss her! One more week and she'll be home.

Kyle's job is still about the same. He's ready for a change though so hopefully that will happen soon.

Our trip to Jacksonville a few weeks ago was wonderful. Kyle got to play some golf with his Dad and I went shopping with Mom. We also played on the Wii for like 12 hours which was super fun. We had some amazing home cooked meals, of course. It was a short but very nice trip.

We've gotten to hang out recently with some of our other married or about to be married friends. Most of our regular friends are still single which is great too, but it's cool to hang out with married people sometimes too.

We both have Friday off for the 4th so it should be fun! Sorry I don't have any pics this time :)

No comments: