Monday, June 6, 2011

Weekend Recap

Friday: My mom and one of my sisters came over for the day and we worked on invitations for one of my cousin's wedding showers. We are excited about two family weddings coming up at the end of the summer so we have to get busy! When you have 17 grand kids in one family, there's always something going on. It seems like we are always planning some kind of party, which is totally fun. Later that night Kyle and I decided to check out the free street concert in downtown Varina. It was the "Celebrate Fuquay-Varina" weekend and we had never been before. It was kind of cool, we got to park at the high school and ride a trolley into downtown. We checked out the new cupcake bakery that we had not been to yet. It was amazing!! It was a beach music concert so we chilled on the street curb for a while and walked around a little. Nothing too crazy. It is Fuquay-Varina after all.

Saturday: I didn't have to work this weekend which was awesome! As part of the Celebrate Fuquay events for the weekend, Kyle ran in the "Run the Quay" 5K on Saturday morning. He did awesome! It was in a different location than years past and he said the course was a little better. I cheered him on with some friends from the sidelines. I wish I could run, but my knee just isn't cooperating these days. After showers and lunch we decided to go out shopping for a little bit. On the way home we passed a theater and decided to be spontaneous and go see a movie. It was fun until we ate almost the whole bucket of a large popcorn and I thought I was going to be sick. Good times.

Sunday: It was a typical Sunday. Church and lunch with the family. My Dad grilled out hot dogs and hamburgers and we had lunch out on the deck... until it got too hot. Kyle watched NASCAR while I enjoyed my Sunday afternoon nap, like always. A lovely, restful day. It was a great weekend!

No comments: