Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day

We had a wonderful and super fun Memorial Day weekend. I had to work all day Saturday but Kyle and I both had Monday off! We are so thankful for the men and women "who more than self their country loved, and mercy more than life." We'll never forget why we have our freedom and are eternally grateful for the sacrifices our military personnel make every day.

Friday night we went grill shopping and after a little frustration, we finally found the one we wanted! Kyle assembled it Saturday and we christened it on Sunday night! We had a few friends over for a cookout and had a great time with lots of food! We also got to share with them something that we feel led to start this fall. But that's another post for another day! What's important is that I got to use a new chip and dip bowl that I had received as a wedding gift. I actually forgot I had it because it has been sitting at my parent's house for the last three years. I was so excited when I found it the other week and decided to use it for the first time! It is the coolest thing ever, and it spins!! How cute is this??



I know you're all jealous and want one now!! :-)

Yesterday I decided it was past time for a new swim suit so I drug Kyle with me shopping for a little while. I have to say though, I was not that impressed with the Memorial Day sales. They were kind of lame. So we didn't get that much. Bummer.

We did have a nice relaxing day after that though. After dinner, some friends came and picked us up in their 1966 Mustang convertible and we rode out to Coats, NC to get some ice cream. It was awesome and a super cool way to end a great weekend. Hope everyone else had a great weekend!

No comments: