Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Christmas Celebration

This Christmas was so special and filled with faith, hope, love and joy!! We have started a tradition on Christmas Eve of going to the Christmas Eve service at church and then having my family over to our house for games and goodies. I love it, it's so much fun!!

Christmas morning Kyle and I exchanged gifts at home before going over to my parents' house. I got Kyle a really awesome Dremel tool that he has been eyeing for a while and a few other things. He got me a new camera!!!! A Nikon D3000. I'm so happy! I love it! I'm so excited to learn how to use it and take really great pictures.

We spent most of Christmas Day at my parents' house. My grandparents and aunt and uncle also came over. My Dad cooked his standing rib roast like he does every year! Yes, Lord! We had a wonderful day and opened lots of presents. Some of my favorite gifts included my new Brighton necklace, an NC State serving tray and the gift my sister gave me... feeding a hungry baby through Samaritan's purse. Kyle loaded up with some shirts and a pocket knife.

Since we were expecting a significant amount of snow, we decided to head to Jacksonville Saturday night instead of Sunday. We were excited to have a second Christmas with the Fescoes and definitely did not want to get snowed in and miss it! The whole family was there this year so it was great to see everyone! Ava and Lincoln get cuter and sweeter every time we see them! We were also blessed with more gifts! Rick made me a shelf for my knick-knacks and I absolutely LOVE it! A RHF original as he calls it. It's beautiful and definitely one of the best gifts I have ever received. We also had a delicious, healthy meal made by Michelle and Courtney! And we got SNOW!! It was a beautiful snow and perfect for snowballs and snowmen!! We played outside in it for a while, it was so much fun!

We made some really great memories this year while celebrating the birth of the Christ Child, Immanuel, God with us! So thankful for that gift, truly the best gift anyone could ever receive!

Dad and the roast!

G-pa and Mom

Leah and Alex
Lesley and Eric, love this pic of them!

G-ma and Auntie Lou



Mom and Dad
Uncle Kyle and Lincoln

Linc and Zsa Zsa

I was so happy to get my shelf!

Cuteness!

Pretty Ava posing for me!

building a gingerbread house

Ava and the finished product

These two are crazy! Fighting on the Wii!

Yoda and Linc

Uncle Kyle and Aunt Lindsey with the kids

Love this pic!

Chad and his hat!
my shelf hung and decorated!

it's beautiful, I love it! Thanks, Rick!

1 comment:

DiDi's Blog said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast...Wish we could have gotten a little of that snow!! Happy New Year!! Love ya