Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Celebrating Christ!!

Not that I don't celebrate the birth of Christ all year, but it's so special to have a day where I can ponder this miracle. God, became man, and died for me so I can live with Him eternally. wow. Pretty spectacular.

Kyle and I spent Christmas Eve and Day with my family. It's becoming a Simmons tradition for my Daddy to cook a standing rib roast for Christmas lunch. And if I have anything to say about it, I think it is a fabulous tradition. He promptly ushered each new guest over to the oven and showed off his hunk of sizzling meat to everyone as they walked in the door that morning. My grandparents and aunt and uncle came over to join us Christmas day. I attempted to make a white chocolate cheese cake for dessert and it turned out perfect. I was so proud of myself, hehe. It was so nice to have everyone together. We played games and ate and ate and ate and ate.... it had to end a little early for us since I had to work very early the next morning but it was such a great day.

Then after I finally got off work on Saturday we headed to Jacksonville to see Kyle's family. It was a treat to get to see John, Diane and Savannah too!!! We did a lot of good eating at the Fescoe's house too. The homemade ravioli and egg plant rollatini were amazing!!! It was a very nice and relaxing time, I'm so glad my work schedule worked out so we could stay a few days.

Kyle is enjoying his last few days off of work. It has been a very nice 2 week break for him. He has done everything on his honey-do list ;)

Happy New Year everyone!!!


Eric(Lesley's boyfriend), Lesley, Leah, Me and Kyle

No comments: