Monday, November 2, 2009

23 days and counting!

Life still hasn't slowed down much at all for us. This is the last week of Upward and I am so glad it's almost over! It was taken so much of our time the last 3 months. We really need a break and we'll be so happy to sleep in on Saturday mornings again.

I had a really awesome birthday on the 24th! I got lots of special treatment for the whole week. We were actually still celebrating yesterday with my Grandparents who came up to take the whole family out to eat at Olive Garden... they have pumpkin cheesecake right now!!!!! I got lots of cool stuff too, that's what matters, hehe.

This past Saturday was just craziness. It was Parents Day at Upward so I was there first thing in the morning to help put up balloons and decorations in the rain. (Kyle conveniently had to work his Saturday that day) :) The rain eventually went away but it was still kinda miserable being outside the whole day. I was on the football fields from 8am-1pm then I had to walk across the parking lot to the other field where our church was having the Fall Festival. I had to volunteer with that for two more hours. There was over 150 families that came though so it was pretty successful. Then I came home took a shower and hit the coach for all of 10 minutes before I had to get ready for the first batch of trick-or-treaters that came ringing the doorbell. It was only like 5:30pm too, seriously, it's not even close to being dark yet! How annoying, haha. I'm not a big fan of Halloween to start with, so it was extra nice of me to even hand out candy to the 200 people that came by. I really just wanted to eat it all myself but I gave it ALL away, what was I thinking!?!? ;)

Now we are counting down the days until Thanksgiving!!!!!! Whoohoooo!! We are super excited!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Haha, we're counting down too!

Glad that you'll finally have some down time in the near future!